Monday, February 28, 2011

CHOICE


I used to be angry all of the time.  I could say i was an angry kid and an angry young adult.  I was angry at the world!  I mean, we all know someone like that or someone that has a kid who is just so angry.

Angry people are generally just unhappy, haven't found their path or their bliss.  Do they hate themselves?  Do they hate the circumstances that surround their lives?

When does anger become a choice?  Do we not know that it's all a choice?

Our lives are the ultimate choice and WE get to make all of the choices!  Left, right...up, down...stop, go...we get to choose!  What a powerful decision and one that so many of us don't truly understand.

I didn't understand, i never knew that all of the negative, all of the unhappiness, all of the sadness, all of the mistakes were all my choices to make.

Anger lives in all of us..it hibernates deep in the pits of our stomachs and is sometimes woken up abruptly by people, circumstances..(bad drivers...this is a tough one for me!) and life.  How is this anger serving us?

I heard this amazing quote the other day that sent shivers down my spine. 

ANGER IS LIKE DRINKING POISON AND EXPECTING THE OTHER PERSON TO DIE.

That makes so much sense to me...the anger that lives in us will eventually kill US!

What choice will you make?

REMEMBER...



“The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice.” ~ George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment